When you are combating the unavoidable ageing process, chances are your primary focus will be on your face and neck skin since these are the first to manifest the ageing signs and symptoms such as fine lines, wrinkles and skin dryness. Cosmetics industry has grossed over a billion sales for the skin care products alone. This is not surprising since most consumers are willing to purchase even expensive skin care products just to remedy their skin problems.
Somehow, they tend to forget that the most effective cure for these skin problems are from natural foods. They are the cheapest and the safest healing foods. These foods offer an extensive capacity of healing and preventive powers for your skin troubles. You need not consult your dermatologist for these kinds of health foods since the top foods for healthy skin are within your household reach. Let’s start with the most basic and the most available health product like:
- Water – We are talking about clean, pure water. If it is in beverage or caffeinated form the quantity is not considered as water intake. Water is the number one source in keeping and maintaining hydration of your skin cells. It helps in flushing out the toxins and free radicals that enters your body. According to a nutrition expert, when the body is properly hydrated it perspire efficiently. With this theory, your skin will be clean and clear. Drinking plenty of water everyday will definitely keep your skin healthy and youthful.
- Green Tea – This powerful antioxidants drink are known to reactivate dying or dull skin cells. It is proven to reduce inflammation and protect our cell membrane. It is high in polyphenols; a compound that eradicates free radicals that may cause cancer. Green tea is rich in vitamins C, D and K and has several mineral properties like zinc, calcium, riboflavin, magnesium and iron.
- Blueberries – This fruit have the highest source of antioxidants. They are responsible in repairing and reducing cell damages caused by free radicals. Blueberries shield our skin cells from harm and deterioration which will definitely result into a clear and youthful skin. Considered as a phytochemicals family, blueberries are an excellent source of soluble and insoluble fiber and as such it promotes new cell growth for collagen fiber and elastin. It therefore aids in restoring the firmness and elasticity of the skin. The fruit is also a good source for vitamins C and E.
- Salmon – This fatty fish is known to possess very high healthy fatty acids that are a major component in attaining a healthy skin. This healthy fatty acids better known as Omega 3 reduces the production of inflammatory agents that are possible causes to skin damage. Salmon is also rich in vitamin B12, potassium, protein and selenium.
- Carrots – These powerful antioxidants prevent skin cell damages caused by free radicals. An excellent source of vitamin A, carrots maintains hydration of the skin cells. This famous fruit is also a superior source of vitamins K, C and B6.
Eating these therapeutic kinds of food is essential to your body’s health maintenance. However, you must also avoid certain foods that causes health risk such as; sugar, saturated fats, fried foods and white flour. These are known to damage your skin and your total health.