Your teeth are the most important part of your body. If you are going to take care of them, they will help take care of you. In fact, healthy teeth help you chew the right foods and speak clearly. They also help you look at your best and let you enjoy a bright smile that may further work wonders to enhance your personal and social life. Believe it! Nothing can be better than a genuine smile that may make an impact on the person next to you and charm him or her with a fresh breath. But not every one of us is blessed with beautiful set of teeth or fresh breath. However, few basic dental care practices can protect you from dental disease, cavities and enjoy a broad smile. Moreover, a proper dental care can also help in preventing from digestive problems.
Here are few basic tips or methods that can be easily followed in day-to-day life and may help you in protecting your teeth-
- Constantly use brushes with soft bristles. This may protect your gums while brushing.
- Make sure you use proper brushing technique while cleaning your teeth by placing the tooth brush against the gum line at 45 degree and rotating the brush at a slow circular motion.
- While brushing your teeth, ensure to dirt free your tongue so that you may prevent spreading of bacteria and keep hold of fresh breath.
- Clean your mouth carefully once brushing is complete and every time after you have had your food.
Though brushing is important but at times it may not be enough to get rid of the plaque and particles of food stuck between your teeth or under braces. In such case, flossing is a best option. Thus, take care of following points while you floss these spaces-
- Try to be moderate while flossing to stay away from gum injury.
- Ensure that the floss forms the shape of a ‘C’ while you are scraping the teeth.
It is important to understand that your diet has major effect on your dental health. In fact, many people face problems like cavities due to negligence of taking the proper dental care. Eating healthy is just as important as remembering to make brushing and flossing a part of your daily routine. So, take care of following tips while you eat different food items in a day-
- Make sure you consume lots of clean fruits, green vegetables and drink plenty of water to maintain a balanced diet. This small step can help you in having a naturally strong and healthy set of teeth and gums.
- Try to stay away from food items that are high in sugar content as sugar aggravates teeth damage and the development of bacteria.
- Ensure that your mouth is always hydrated by the saliva in order to prevent bad breath. This may occur due to skipped meals, thorough dieting schedule or extreme alcohol consumption.
Apart from all this, here are few other small yet important tips that you can practice easily-
- Stay away from consuming extreme amount of tobacco and if possible quit smoking in order to stop stains on your teeth. Remember, smoking and chewing tobacco may result in bad breath and gum ulcers which may further lead to Cancer.
- Try to have a frequent appointment to your dentist at an interval of six months. This practice may help you salt away expenditure which may happen due to teeth and gum problems.
- Try to use anti-bacterial mouth fresheners to keep hold of fresh feeling all through the day.
These are few important tips that may help you in enjoying healthy teeth. All it takes is a little bit of care and awareness to flaunt a graceful smile and a bracing confidence. Just few simple measures can show their impact on your everlasting oral health.