This is a simple healthy and fast breakfast or dessert idea. A fresh fruit salad is the ideal choice. This simple fruit salad is easy to prepare and very delicious. This recipe can be modified depending on the ingredients available. This can be one of the most versatile recipes around. A nutritious salad is by far the best breakfast you can have. The beauty of the breakfast salad is that most of the dish can be prepared one day ahead, refrigerated, and pulled out in the morning.
Yield; 4 to 6 servings
- 3 cups shredded lettuce (cut up very fine)
- 1-cup granola with raisins
- 1 to 2 bananas, sliced
- 1-cup blueberries
- 1-cup strawberries, sliced
- 1 cup toasted sliced almonds
- 1-cup mandarin orange slices
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1-cup honey
- 3/4 cup orange juice
In a mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients. This salad can be prepared the night before, so it is ready to be served in the morning. It’s a healthy and quick breakfast any time.
- Gently toss lettuce with fruits and nuts .
- Stir honey and orange juice together until well mixed. .
- Drizzle on salad and serve. .
- Enjoy this delicious salad! .
Notes for the chef
- Place a little bit of lemon or pineapple juice on banana slices to keep them from turning brownish.
- You can use frozen fruit when fresh fruit is not available. It is easy to make ingredient exchanges. Possible fruit combinations are:
- Blueberries, bananas, peaches, mandarin orange slices
- Blueberries, bananas, pineapple mandarin orange slices
- Blueberries, apples, pears, mandarin orange slices
- Blueberries, mango, avocado mandarin orange slices
- You can exchange walnuts for the sliced almonds. Your breakfast should always contain some protein. Nuts are one way to provide this protein. Nuts are also good for your heart. Walnuts, almonds and other nuts help lower your cholesterol when eaten as part of a balanced diet.
- Blueberries are full of healthy antioxidants that are radical scavengers. You can grow your own and freeze those you do not eat fresh to use the year around. Frozen blueberries have as many antioxidants as fresh blueberries. Blueberries contain the highest antioxidant capacity of 40 different fruits and vegetables that have been tested.
- olive oil is a good fat. It is impossible to lose fat without eating fat. olive oil is help you burn fat. you should take two tablespoons of olive oil each day. Olive oil is good to use in your diet.
- You can use an avocado in your morning salad; it’s a good source of healthy fat for a slow steady release of energy throughout the day.